About Hung-Wei Tseng
Officially, my name is Hung-Wei Tseng or 曾宏偉 in Chinese. I am currently pursuing Ph. D. degree in CSE of UCSD.
Research and Education
I have obtained the degree of BS and MS from the National Taiwan University. I am interested in many subjects in computer science, especially those related to computer architecture, operating systems and networking. My research is about energy efficient design on memory hierarchies and networked devices.
- Hung-Wei Tseng and Dean M. Tullsen. CDTT: Compiler-generated data-triggered threads. In 20th International Symposium on High Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA 2014), February 2014.
- Hung-Wei Tseng and Dean M. Tullsen. Data-Triggered Multithreading for Near Data Processing. In 1st Workshop on Near-Data Processing (WoNDP), Dec 2013.
- Leo Porter, Saturnino Garcia, Hung-Wei Tseng, and Daniel Zingaro. Evaluating Student Understanding of Core Concepts in Computer Architecture. In The 18th Annual Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education (iTiCSE), July 2013.
- Hung-Wei Tseng, Laura M. Grupp, and Steven Swanson, Underpowering NAND Flash: Profits and Perils. To Appear: 50th Design Automation Conference (DAC 2013), 2013.
- Hung-Wei Tseng and Dean M. Tullsen, Software data-triggered threads. In Proceedings of ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Object-Oriented Programming, Systems, Languages and Applications, Tucson, Arizona, United States, Page(s): 703 – 716, October 2012.
- Hung-Wei Tseng and Dean M. Tullsen, Eliminating Redundant Computation and Exposing Parallelism through Data-Triggered Threads. IEEE Micro, Volume: 32 , Issue: 3, Page(s): 38 – 47, June 2012.
- Hung-Wei Tseng, Laura M. Grupp and Steven Swanson. Understanding the Impact of Power Loss on Flash Memory. In 48th Design Automation Conference (DAC 2011), Page(s): 35-40, June 2011.
- Hung-Wei Tseng and Dean M. Tullsen, “Data-Triggered Threads: Eliminating Redundant Computation“, In proceedings of 17th International Symposium on High Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA-17), February, 2011. Page(s): 181-192. (Nominated for Best Student Paper)
- Han-Lin Li, Chia-Lin Yang, and Hung-Wei Tseng, “Energy-Aware Flash Memory Management in Virtual Memory System,” IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, vol.16, no.8, page(s): 952-964, Aug. 2008
- Hung-Wei Tseng, Han-Lin Li and Chia-Lin Yang, “An Energy-Efficient Virtual Memory System with Flash Memory as the Secondary Storage“, In Proceedings of International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design 2006 (ISLPED 2006), Page(s): 418 – 423.
- Shih-Hsien Yang, Hung-Wei Tseng, Eric Hsiao-Kuang Wu, Gen-Huey Chen, “Utilization based duty cycle tuning MAC protocol for wireless sensor networks“, In Proceedings of IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference(IEEE GLOBECOM’05)Volume 6, 28 Nov.-2 Dec. 2005, Page(s):3258 – 3262
- Chia-Lin Yang, Chien-hao Lee, Hung-Wei Tseng, “Energy-efficient cache architecture for multimedia applications“, In Proceedings of Emerging Information Technology Conference, 2005. Aug. 15-16 2005, Page(s):96 – 97
- Chia-Lin Yang, Alvin R. Lebeck, Hung-Wei Tseng, Chien-Hao Lee, “Tolerating memory latency through push prefetching for pointer-intensive applications“, In ACM Transactions on Architecture and Code Optimization (TACO), Page(s): 445 – 475
- Chia-Lin Yang, Hung-Wei Tseng, Chia-Chiang Ho, Ja-Ling Wu, “Software-controlled cache architecture for energy efficiency“, In IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, Volume 15, Issue 5, May 2005 Page(s):634 – 644
- Hung-Wei Tseng, Shih-Hsien Yang, Po-Yu Chuang, Eric Hsiao-Kuan Wu, Gen-Huey Chen, “An energy consumption analytic model for a wireless sensor MAC protocol“, In Proceedings of Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC2004-Fall), Volume 6, 26-29 Sept. 2004 Page(s):4533 – 4537
- Chia-Lin Yang, Hung-Wei Tseng, Chia-Chiang Ho, “Smart cache: an energy-efficient D-cache for a software MPEG-2 video decoder“, In Proceedings of the 2003 Joint Conference of the Fourth International Conference onCommunications and Signal Processing, 2003 and the Fourth Pacific Rim Conference on Multimedia, Volume 3, 15-18 Dec. 2003 Page(s):1660 – 1664
- Ph. D, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of California, San Diego, September 2007 — .
- MS, Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Taiwan University, September 2003–June 2005.
- BS, Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Taiwan University, September 2000–June 2003.
- Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, National Taiwan University, September 1999–June 2000.
- Chien-Kuo Senior High School, September 1996–June 1999.
- Taipei Municipal Shih-Lin Junior High School, September 1993–June 1996.
- Taipei Municipal Shih-Lin Primary School, September 1987–June 1993.
Awards and Competitions
- National Taiwan University Student Service Education Award, 2003, an award for the top 5% students excelled in the service courses.
- Presidential Award of National Taiwan University, 2003, an award for the top 5% students.
- ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC) 2000 Asia Regional, Taipei Site. Fourth Place.
- Presidential Award of National Taiwan University, 2000, an award for the top 5% students.
- Presidential Award of National Taiwan University, 1999, an award for the top 5% students.
ExperienceI list some of my extracurricular and working experiences here.
- Research Assistant of Institute of Statistical Science, Academia Sinica, Jan 2007-Aug 2007.
- Research Assistant of Dr. Chia-Lin Yang, 2002–2005.
- Minister of Voice Actor, Cartoon Comic Club, National Taiwan University, 2002–2004.
- Minister of Academic, Council of Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Taiwan University, 2001–2002.
- Software Engineer, Streaming 21 Inc., 2000
- System Administrator, Network Center, Chien-Kuo Senior High School, 1997–1998.
- Chief Officer, Information Club, 1997–1998.